Your First Charge
After activating your Recurring Buy your bank account will be charged within 24-48 hours. Typically the charge occurs well within 24 hours, but this timing can vary.
Your Second Charge
Your second charge will occur approximately 7 days after your first. It's approximate because the traditional banking system is still susceptible to delays and outages, and can even be affected by holidays.
Below is the typical transfer timing for a new user, with bitcoin delivery timing also included.
- This user signed up and activated their Recurring Buy on February 5th (blue star)
- Their bank account was charged a day later on February 6th (green square)
- We would likely receive the funds a day later on February 7th (not shown) and from there we would hold the funds for 5 days
- After the 5 day hold, we convert the CAD into bitcoin and deliver it on February 12th
- After that, the cycle repeats
More often than not your transfer timing and bitcoin deliveries should line up like this, but as mentioned, due to factors outside of our control in the traditional banking system, you may see slight diversions. Rest assured, you will always receive your bitcoin in a timely manner, and don't hesitate to reach out if you'd like for us to check on the status of your transfer in progress.